Drew Nemser Conger George Mason College C0117
Published by George Mason University Libraries
George Mason University, previously George Mason College (GMC), was founded as a satellite campus of the University of Virginia in 1957. With limited resources, the college began to offer the first two years of liberal arts degrees, pre-engineering programs, and some advanced language and science courses in 1966. George Mason College only hosted the North, East, South, and West buildings, while the original Fenwick library was still being built. It gained independency in 1972, becoming a full four-year school.
This collection consists of Northern Virginia-area newsclippings regarding George Mason College, photographs of Director J.N.G. Finley and other GMC Staff, 1963-1964 University of Virginia "Record" (catalog), and a memorandum dated October 19, 1962 from Mrs. Brett to Mrs. Nemser.
Arranged by subject.
There are no access restrictions.
There are no restrictions on personal use. Permission to publish material from the Drew Nemser Conger George Mason College collection must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, George Mason University Libraries.
The Special Collections Research Center also holds other collections related to the history of George Mason University.
George Mason University.
Drew Nemser Conger George Mason College collection, C0117, Special Collections Research Center, George Mason University Libraries.
Collection donated by Drew Nemser Conger.
Processed by Special Collections Research Center staff. EAD markup completed by Eron Ackerman and Jordan Patty in August 2009. Finding aid updated by Amanda Brent in April 2020, with Historical Information note text written by Christopher Babbitt.