Complaint against William Hall by John Park C0354
Published by George Mason University Libraries
The 18th century was a lively time in Fairfax County, VA history. After being under the control of many different entities, in 1690 the area became controlled by the Fairfax family. Thomas, sixth Lord Fairfax left the land in the charge of his cousin, William Fairfax. In 1742, the area ceased to be part of Prince William County and officially became Fairfax County.
Complaint against William Hall by John Park of Fairfax County for a debt settlement, written by John Minor on December 6, 1746. This note appears to have also been used as a summons for all the local sherrifs and constables in Virginia to take into account.
This is a one item collection.
There are no access restrictions.
There are no restrictions on personal use. Permission to publish material from the Complaint against William Hall by John Park must be obtained from the Special Collections Research Center, George Mason University Libraries.
The Special Collections Research Center also holds many other collections on historic Virginia., including the Randolph H. Lytton Historical Virginia collection.
Fairfax County (Va.)
Fairfax County (Va.)--History.
Complaint against William Hall by John Park, C0354, Special Collections Research Center, George Mason University Libraries.
The donor is unknown.
Reprocessing completed by Amanda Brent in June 2019. EAD markup completed by Amanda Brent in June 2019. This collection used to be a part of the Virginia historical documents collection, C0034.
"A Brief History of Fairfax County." Fairfax County. https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/planning-zoning/sites/planning-zoning/files/assets/documents/historic/history275.pdf (accessed May 16, 2019).
"Timeline of Fairfax County History." Fairfax County. https://research.fairfaxcounty.gov/local-history/timeline (accessed May 16, 2019).